I learnt :
On Wednesday, a scientist named Natasha came and showed us 3 experiments about acids and bases. The first experiment was putting a 10 cent coin in lemon juice or vinegar.
|(The third Experiment when 2 - liquids turn into a solid which is called precipitation reaction )|
- One person from each group came and got a cup of lemon juice or vinegar and a 10 cent coin.
- We put it on the table and put the 10 cent coin in.
- We watched to see what would happen.
- That fruits like lemon, orange and grapefruit are a citric acid.
- That lemon cleaned the lemon because lemon is a citric acid and the coin is a base.
The coin got clean because the lemon juice it is a citric acid and it is sour.
The second experiment was putting magnesium in hydrochloric acid or for short you can call it HCI.
- A different person from each group came up and got a cup of HCI and a small piece of magnesium.
- We put the cup on the table and put the magnesium in the cup.
- We watched to see what happened.
- That it took about 1 minute to start fizzing and bubbling.
- About 5 mins later it started dissolving into the HCI.
- Later on it was gone.
The third experiment was a blue liquid and a clear liquid and put them together.
- A different person from each group came and got a cup of clear liquid and put it on the table.
- We all waited for Natasha to pour some blue liquid into the cup of the clear liquid.
- We waited to see what would happen.
- That 2 - liquids make a solid.
The blue liquid and the clear liquid made a blue and hard solid which is called precipitation reaction.
The words that are blue are scientific words.
By Atalia :)